Use of SHRM Connect

 Week 1:

For this week I focused on exploring the Strategic and Administrative paradox. I posed a question to learn what value technology may have added to other HR professionals in their day to day work:


I explored the "Technology" discussion group in hopes of finding a thread that discussed what technology solutions were implemented and the result. I also focused on the keyword "AI" as this is a current hot topic in the HR profession. Is there such a thing as too much AI which may prove to be counter productive? For example, an ATS that screens out qualified candidates because they don't included specific keywords? One such post I found discussed the possibility of eliminating positions due to introducing a new AI system:



I also found an interesting thread from 2019 that discussed how HR may not be prepared to handle AI in the workplace. One of the responses I found to be very insightful was the following:


The comment I keyed in on was "In my experience, sometimes leadership teams fail to define a cohesive business strategy for technological innovations and develop solutions/services in search of customer or business process opportunity/need, rather than the other way around." I believe the author is alluding to exactly what HR From the Outside In is telling us, developing strategies based on the needs of key stakeholders i.e. customers.

Week 2:
This week I focused my search on the "Talent Acquisition" group and searched "labor shortage". My goal was to find a discussion where posters mentioned what practices they used to attract talent that shared their values during this difficult time. What "experience" are they communicating to prospective employees? I found the following thread (Attracting Talent | Talent Acquisition (shrm.org))that consisted of posts that expressed the challenges. One comment that was made I found to be in line with what could be a "signature experience":
For those organizations that offer flexible work schedules, effectively communicating the value of work/life balance when it comes to family and offering a flexible work schedule could attract those people that value these concepts. I added the following to the discussion:

Week 3:
For this week I searched information pertaining to 720-degree feedback and guidance on how to implement this process. I'm very intrigued as to the implementation of this process and if anyone uses them, how effective they are. 



 Response to my post:



Week 4:
This week I focused on a Company's intranet and how that might prove efficient in disseminating information and providing a platform for employees to access critical documents:












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Value of SHRM Connect

Application in Working With HR

Weekly Topics